When to use an experimental node
Experimental nodes are run for testing and having fun with new features.
It is not recommended you switch all your queries to an experimental nodes, for several reasons:
- these nodes can experience downtimes, crashes and other delightful undocumented behaviors.
- some features are under development, or are not optimally parameterized.
- these nodes can be tweaked for testing purposes by their owners, resulting in unstable results, even to repeated identical queries.
- testing requires a certain amount of logging (normally not ips, but queries might be logged on these nodes to detect and repeat potential crashes).
So... you've been warned!
However, there are some good reasons you may want to use an experimental node:
- you have noticed a bug, an error, or are disatisfied with the results produced by yours or other nodes. Try it on an experimental node and see if your problem is solved there. If not, please report bugs & problems to the forums and/or irc.
- you may want to keep an eye on incoming features. Again, please report what you don't like (and like, that is nice too), and add your suggestions for a better search to it.
In all cases, adopt a positive attitude and... don't panic.